The Harambee Prosperity Plan (HPP) which was launched by His Excellency Dr. Hage Geingob, President of the Republic of Namibia, tasked Offices, Ministries and Agencies (OMAs) with roles and responsibilities in the execution of strategies and goals for the period 2016 – 2020.
The HPP prescribes that all OMAs will be on e-governance by 2020. The Office of the Prime Minister and the Ministry of Information and Technology were given a joint responsibility for the implementation of these projects. The joint responsibilities as extracted from the HPP document are:
“To promote transparency and accessibility, Government will expedite the deployment of e-governance to cover all Ministries and public agencies by 2020. The Office of the Prime Minister in conjunction with the MICT, as the central government agency tasked with the planning, design and implementation of all Government ICT solutions, will submit a detailed roll-out plan by July 2016. All Ministries and Public Agencies will be linked to e-governance during the Harambee period”.
The following eleven OMAs will be prioritized during 2016/17 to implement online services:
1. Office of the Prime Minister (OPM),
2. Ministry of Finance (MOF);
3. Ministry of Homes Affairs and Immigration (MHAI),
4. Ministry of Health and Social Services (MHSS);
5. Ministry of Industrialisation, Trade and SME Development MITSMED);
6. Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture (MEAC);
7. Ministry of Agriculture, Water and Forestry (MAWF);
8. Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET);
9. Ministry of Land Reform (MLR);
10. Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (MICT);
11. Ministry of Justice (MOJ)
Harambee Prosperity Plan 2016/17 to 2019/20 Downloads